Australia is such a beautiful and diverse country, apart from finding a fruit picking job there’s plenty of other things you can discover. Here’s 10 things you probably don’t know about the land down under.
Did you know that,
1) There are approximately 75 million sheep, 60 million Kangaroos, 28 million cattle and 25 million people in Australia.
2) More than 85% of Australians live within 50km of the coast
3) Melbourne has the 2nd Largest Greek Population in the world. ( Second to Athens)
4) 21 of the 25 deadliest snakes in the world are found in Australia
5) Kangaroo meat can be purchased easily from the supermarket or butcher.
6) Melbourne has the largest tram public transport system in the world.
7) The biggest property in Australia is bigger than Belgium.
8) Saudi Arabia imports camels from Australia
9) The Great Barrier Reef is the worlds largest living structure has its own postbox!
10) Australia is home to 20% of the world’s poker machines.
Some are not surprising, but geez who would have though Saudi Arabia would need to import Camels! Have you learnt any less know things during your time in Hostels or completing harvest work. Share them with the community.
You may also like,
Wicked Campers, too Wicked?
Backpackers Leave Their Money for Australian Government
Sydney: A Must See View
If you’re looking for a fruit picking job, check out our job board. It’s free and easy to join.