Your employers are required to withhold tax from your salary and pay this to the Australian Tax Office (ATO). At the conclusion of the financial year or when you leave Australia you could be entitled to claim a large proportion of these tax payments back.

The Australian financial year runs from July 1st to June 30th and if you’re eligible upon completion ( or when you leave Aus) you’ll to lodge your return and get your hard earned money back. So now you know where the missing chunk of your pay has been going. If you’re not an Australian resident for tax purposes that chunk is 32% of your total income. If you’re leaving prior to the end of the financial year and will no longer be working in Australia you can lodge your tax return in advance. Below you will find all the necessary information you need to get your tax refund sorted.

Tax Information

Want to know how much Tax you should be paying? Not sure what the Australian Tax Brackets are? Are you a resident or Non Resident for Tax Purposes? Get all your basic tax information questions answered here.

Learn More About Tax

Tax Refund Comparison

Taxation is no simple matter, let alone when you’re in a foreign country. Here you’ll find a price comparison off each specialist backpacker tax agent and their rates and what to expect when claiming your refund.

Compare Services

Lodge Your Application

Typical Fruit Pickers & Working Holiday makers pay 13-32% tax. When the tax year ends (June 30) or when leaving Australia you can claim your refund.. The average refund is $2600, what are you waiting for!

Lodge Your Tax Refund Application

Tax Agents

Don’t know which Tax Agent to use? Check our reviews of Tax Agents that service fruit pickers and working holiday makers. From here you can make the decision of whom you will trust to prepare your refund.

Find Tax Agents