Fruit Picking Jobs Forums SCAMS Report Scams

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Freddie
    Keymaster

This forum was created to fight fruit picking scams. As we currently receive emails from working holiday makers and fruit pickers who have been scammed by people posing to be a legit farmer/employer. Share your story in this forum to make other people aware of the situation.

CLEO LALLEMENT
    Participant

Hello.
    We were just scammed by someone pretending to be name “Jacob McCabe”.
    We saw an ad on Gumtree about a job at an herb farm in Corrigin, WA. After several texts and extremely detailed emails that seemed legit, we were told that we had the job and could book a room in a share house. We were asked to pay rent for 2 weeks in advance (400$ for the both of us), and when I emailed to say the payment had gone through, the man said he would give me more information really soon because he was very busy with the season. A few days later, I wrote him to know when to arrive to check in. I got an email saying the email address no longer existed. I tried calling and texting, no answer. It is now very clear that there is no job and no accommodation, so we won’t bother to drive there. But I guess some people booked plane or train tickets and are going to show up on Sunday and find nothing.
    We went to the police who redirected us to a website called Scam Watch. We are extremely gutted as we were really looking forward to this job, we needed the money and stopped looking elsewhere. Not to mention the 400$ that were stolen from us…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘SCAMS’ is closed to new topics and replies.