Fruit Picking Jobs Forums Looking for Work How to look for a job advice from a working hostel

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all, Being a backpackrs hostel we get 100’s of  people asking and looking for work.

I have added the below details to the fourm to help people understand how our hostel sources people for work. Visit http://barossabackpackers.com.au/work if you need more information.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I come when the job starts?

Because we give jobs on a first come first served basis; if you arrive the same day the job starts, there is a good chance someone else is already here waiting for the job to become available. It is suggested you come at least 4 days before a job starts.

Can you guarantee me a job?

In Australia no one “guarantees” jobs. Guarantees come with toasters not jobs. Please be wary of anyone who guarantees you jobs as it contains a high possibility of being Fraudulent.

Can you reserve a position for me?

Unfortunately in the past we have reserved positions and the guests never arrived which caused problems for the contractor.  Due to this occurring we do not reserve positions for anyone.

The job starts on (x) date can I arrive a week later?  

Sure, please come to our hostel, jobs come up here and there all the time. The job you are applying for would unfortunately be more than likely filled. This is because;

The contractor needs to get his work done by a specific date
    There are many other backpackers who want the same job as you so there is a high chance of the job being filled.

I am in (Sydney, Cairns, Melbourne etc) if I fly to Adelaide will the job still be available?

How quickly can you get here? There are many other backpackers who are also looking for work to get there second year visa. Sometime we have people prepared to wait 1 – 2 weeks till work starts, sometimes there is nobody on the work list and you can start straight away. It depends on the situation.

Does this job count towards a 2nd year visa?

Yes, all farming work in the Barossa Region counts towards your second year visa.

Do I need experience?

No. Most jobs you will need two arms and two legs . Farmers are looking for hard workers. For Pruning season we offer  training courses to help you get started with Pruning.

Great this job sounds fantastic what do I need to do?

Visit http://barossabackpackers.com.au/work and read the terms and conditions very carefully.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Looking for Work’ is closed to new topics and replies.