The Australian Government has just announced changes to the Working Holiday visa program rural communities and regional Australia. Below are the key changes to the WHM Program,
- Working Holiday Makers will be able to stay up to 3 years if meeting certain conditions, after July 1 2019
- Working Holiday Makers will no longer leave their jobs every six months and stay up to 12 months ( From Nov 5)
- The working holiday visa age will be raised to 35 for Canada and Ireland.
- Subclass 462 Visa Holders will be able to work in areas other than “Northern Australia” to qualify for a second year visa ( From Nov 5)
- Potentially increase the number of 462 visa holders allowed in each year.
Which “additional areas” will 462 Visa Holders be able to work in?
From 5 November 2018, this will be extended to regional areas in New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia, and all of Northern Territory, South Australia, and Tasmania. Details of specific postcodes will be published shortly.
Which work will make you eligible for the second year visa?
Specified work guidlines will still apply.
Please monitor this post for more update