Fruit Picking Jobs Forums Find a Picking Buddy Fruit-picking buddy for January onwards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Vincent McGovern
    Participant

G’day, every-one;

My name is Vincent, from Toowoomba, Queensland.

I’m eighteen, and looking for a travel-buddy who is interested in picking fruit throughout Queensland and New South Wales. I have a Queensland, C class, P1 licence and my own vehicle; so, transport won’t be a problem. I’ve previously worked in broadacre planter-manufacturing, and would like to get back to working outdoors.

I’m leaving my current job at the end of the year, and hitting the road in mid-January.
    If you would like to share in a picking adventure, let me know!

Pax,

Vincent

Emilia Currey
    Participant

Hey,
    I just graduated from school and would love to share in a picking adventure :)
    I live on a farm on the boarder between QLD and NSW and am not afraid of hard outdoor work, I am trying to save up for my gap year and fruit-picking seems to be the best way to do that. I will definitely be happy to pay for fuel money. Hope to hear back from you,
    Emilia

Vincent McGovern
    Participant

G’day, Emilia; thanks for the reply!

Interestingly enough, the first place I hope to go is the Stanthorpe area, which is on the border of QLD and NSW. It has a variety of crops and seasons, but mainly fruit-orchards and strawberry-fields. Also, there is more work than just fruit-picking. There are orchards that hire all year-round for thinning, pruning and general maintenance.

I’m not too sure where I will go after that, but my itinerary is a work in progress. (:

If you would like to communicate further about it, or receive more-detailed information about where I hope to go and what I hope to do, feel free to send me an E-mail: vinscript@gmail.com
    Alternatively, if you’re on facebook, you can send me a message: http://www.facebook.com/VinnieMcg

Regards and God bless,

Vincent

Daniel Owen
    Participant

Hey guys I’m a 22 year old English male looking for fruit picking work for my second year visa.

I’m currently in Melbourne working and have the intention of leaving in January so this sounds perfect.

My email address is: owendl1990@hotmail.co.uk
    My mobile number is: 0410703047

Hope to hear from you soon :)

Alice Wong
    Participant

Hey Vincent,

I am 22 years old girl and would love to follow you and start this fruit picking job and I’m all the way from Malaysia. I would fly to Melbourne next year around February. Maybe we can keep in touch and perhaps I can join you since I’m very new to this country.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Do contact me @ alicefootprints@gmail.com

Vincent McGovern
    Participant

G’day, Daniel and Alice!

Unfortunately, due to a personal commitment that has come up, I won’t be going picking until May/June. However, I am more than happy to keep in touch, should you wish to work in Queensland, at that time.

Sorry for the late reply!

Vincent.

Anthony Ford
    Participant

Alright bud, do you know of any farms in QLD that you can apply to directly rather than going through a working hostel or agency?

Camille SCALETTA
    Participant

Hi Vincent,
    I add you on Facebook !
    I’m interested by your project
    My name is Camille SCALETTA
    Talk soon

Camille

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Find a Picking Buddy’ is closed to new topics and replies.