Fruit Picking Jobs Forums Suggestions & Requests Search function on jobs board – by state?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jacqueline Lee
    Participant

Hi there, I’m posting this here for want of a better category…

When looking at the jobs board, there seems to be no discernible way to search jobs based on location – shouldn’t that be the primary feature of the board? Each job states its location, but it’s usually just the town name followed by Australia. Unless you’re familiar with that town, there’s no way of knowing what state it’s in short of googling, which seems an unnecessary step.

I realise the site is new and probably still ironing out bugs, but just wanted to bring that up as it just about renders the jobs board useless.

Dimitri
    Keymaster

Hi Jacqueeline,

My names Dimitri, one of the ” admins”. Cheers for the feedback :) You’re right on the money there. I will have a look at the settings and see is we can get it displaying ” Town,State” as everyone knows the job will be here in Australia.

Is there any other advice or feedback you would like to share, the more the better!

Cheers

Dimitri
    Keymaster

And just a quick one. If you click on the job, their is a lot more information displaying including,state name, nearest picking location and a google map for your convenience.

Obviously job hunting is a time consuming task, therefore, knowing the state when scanning over positions would certainly make the process a easier. SO we will work on that.

You can also do an advanced search below,

https://www.fruitpickingjobs.com.au/jobs/advanced-search/

This should certainly help :)

Freddie
    Keymaster

Hi Jacqueline,

We will take all your ideas in consideration.

Both the Forum and the Job board is going to be updated to be as logic and functional as possible in the near future.

But I am the only one currently building on fruitpickingjobs.com.au and have been from the start, that’s why some features takes a long time to implement and others get forgotten a long the way.

Thanks for the feedback!

– I am moving this thread to the Suggestions & Requests section.

Jacqueline Lee
    Participant

Thanks for your replies, looking forward to seeing some updates. Cheers.

Freddie
    Keymaster

Hi Jacqueline!

The states are now visible in the location section of the index of the job board.

We will have a search function ready soon.

thanks again for the feed back!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Suggestions & Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.