Fruit Picking Jobs Forums Find a Picking Buddy Anyone fancy fruit picking at the end of March?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Sheree
    Participant

Hi!

I’m 25 from Ireland and currently living in Sydney since September. Came over on a working holiday visa with a friend of mine and we had planned to work for 6 months and then go travelling. Unfortunately my friend had to go home just before Christmas so plans have changed and Im going to go do the regional work to give myself the option of staying here for a second year. Loving Sydney at the moment so hate the thoughts of leaving but it has to be done! Plus I’m looking forward to seeing more of Australia as that was always my main reason for coming here. I’ve seen a few places but not enough :-) Also don’t know too many people here at the moment so it would be nice to meet some!

I have work up until the end of March and im looking to go pretty much when i finish so anywhere from the 27th of march onwards.

So just wondering if there is anyone in a similar situation who fancies going in April with someone? I had thought of maybe heading to Queensland, Bowen direction but that’s because I have a friend in Airlie Beach and thought it would be nice to know someone close by :-) But I’m open to other places and if anyone has any suggestions id love to hear them also!

stephen francis
    Participant

Hey. Im pretty much in the same situation and leaving sydney 10th march with the aim to farm work by april. Im 30 yo welsh guy

Sheree
    Participant

The first thing I was told about coming to Australia is don’t make any plans, they never work out! And that’s held true so far haha because my plans have had to change again. I’ve gotten the opportunity to go to Uluru in April so I’m now staying in Sydney until the end of April and then I have to go do my regional because I’m really not leaving myself a lot of time for things to go wrong with it :-)
    So is anyone up for the end of April?? I’ll be leaving the week of the 26th, for definite this time :-)

Jordan Nuttall
    Participant

Hi there, I am currently in Perth looking to head over east. As soon as possible its driving me crazy over here…I am thinking of heading to the Adelaide hills to stay in a working hostel. I believe there to be harvest work all year round from what i have read. Not saying it will be as easy as that but im sure if we put our self out there something will pay of. I am more than open to heading to Queensland after, as you probably know there are heaps of jobs over there at the moment. Do you drive? I don’t unfortunately but there is always ways around that! My name is Jordan i am 22, from england and really wanna get on the road and have an amazing time, I find travelling with a buddy is much easier. Through the good and the bad! Let me know of your more up to date plans

Cheers Jordan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Sheree my name’s Gemma, i’m 29 and from England. My year visa runs out at the end of August so am looking to do farmwork to gain my 2nd year.
    I can’t join a farm until the 19th May though as i have things booked and planned in Sydney for my birthday just before then. Are you definitely going at the end of April? Would be good to go with someone! Have you got a farmjob yet?

Gemma.

Laura Rosambeau
    Participant

Hi Gemma my name is laura I’m 24 from the UK, I’m currently living in Sydney but am looking to go do my farming work from now, I don’t have anyone to go with at the moment either! Have you started looking for farms?

Laura

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Laura i tried replying to your e-mail but it failed. Could you send me your e-mail address so i can reply to that instead please?

Thanks,

Gemma.

Laura Rosambeau
    Participant

Email address is loopylols123@hotmail.com

Laura Rosambeau
    Participant

You can add me on Facebook as well if you want to

Jules Savoure
    Participant

Hi Guys

I’m a 25yr old English guy planning on heading out of Sydney in a week or two (mid May) to try and get my farm work and also see more of Australia. It would be cool to meet up with people to try and find work together. My email is julessavoure1@gmail.com if you want to contact.

Thx

Matthew Doyle
    Participant

Hey guys

My name is Matthew. I’m 26 and from Ireland. I’m back in Sydney now for the last 2 weeks after been in Griffith, NSW for the last 2 months doing my regional work. I could only get 42 days signed off there so I’m now looking for somewhere to complete the other 46.
    I’m just posting on here to see if there’s anyone in Sydney thinking about heading off this month to do regional work and wouldn’t mind a Irish guy join them. It would be nice to travel with another person/group of people.
    If you’re interested, please let me know by posting on here. Cheers :)

Jules Savoure
    Participant

Hi Mathew

I would be up for that, would be good to travel around with someone. I’m planning on leaving soon to venture off and find some farm work. when are you planning on heading off? Are you planning on going in a particular direction?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Jules and Matthew. I’m looking to do my farmwork from the 17/18th May (can’t go any later because the visa i’m on ends at the end of Aug)
    I’ve been speaking to Laura on here and we were going to meet up and see what farms had spaces for us. Have you guys rang any farms yet and if so do any have availability?
    I wanted to go with others too. If you all wanted to add me on Facebook- my name’s Gemma Leotta, and we can go from there! I’ve only got a week left in Sydney so need to get it sorted asap! :)

Thanks, Gemma.

Matthew Doyle
    Participant

Hi Gemma and Jules! Whereabouts in Sydney are you both? I’m in the suburb of Glebe just outside the CBD. Are you looking to go down the Working Hostel route? I was in a Working Hostel in Griffith, NSW and it was a good set up.
    Before I left Griffith, I was told that the Queensland area (particularly Bundaberg) would be the best place to go to finish my days so I called some working hostels there before I left and I got the same responses from them all. There will be work but because of what happened with that cyclone, the picking season will be starting later than usual so I should call back in about 3 weeks time to see what the update is. So I should ring them up again next week actually. I really need to get something sorted in the next week or two as my funds are going down extremely fast here.

Sheree
    Participant

Hey everyone! Sorry I didn’t get back to those who replied to my post but by the time they came, it was a little late and after a lot of thinking I decided to just stay in Sydney because things just werent working out with trying to get regional sorted. Realistically I didn’t leave myself enough time I think. Good luck to you all! Hope it works out!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Find a Picking Buddy’ is closed to new topics and replies.